Crystal Mazzuca


Since both Missi and Melissa have posted about movies, I figured I would jump on the bandwagon too.

This last weekend, my husband and I got out of the house to see Devil, the latest movie by M. Night Shyamalan. Reading that, you probably had one of two reactions:

“Wait, you’re a Christian and you went and saw that?”

“Wait, you actually went and saw a movie by M. Night?”

Yes, I am a Christian. And, yes, I risked another M. Night movie. Pretty scary since the last one I saw was The Happening and it was one of the worst movies I’ve ever laid eyes on. But I still hold out that that Sixth Sense and The Village mojo is floating around in his movie director brain.

I’ll spare you the gory details of the movie (and, yes, they were quite gory) but the basic premise is that these five people get stuck in an elevator and it turns out one of them is the devil there to torture them.

What’s amazing is the ending of the movie. The whole thing got wrapped up in this surprise twist of grace, mercy, and forgiveness. My husband’s grip on my hand tightened as these awesome truths came to light.

Not everyone felt that way. As the theme of forgiveness became more pronounced, the two guys behind us mumbled about how stupid it was and got up and left.

Well, there you have it. Easy A reviewed by Missi, Nanny McPhee Returns by Melissa, and Devil by me.

Which one are you more likely to see? And if the answer is none of the above, tell us what you would recommend.

-Crystal
3 Responses
  1. Mariah Says:

    So what is a good movie? haha


  2. Mary Says:

    For the sake of my daughter, without whom I rarely get out to a movie, I'll keep my eyes set on Nanny McPhee. Besides, I freak at scary movies. Badly. Embarrass my own self sometimes. Pathetic, really.


  3. Missy Hobson Says:

    wow I would have never guessed that movie would have an ending like that. I put it in the pile of horror movies that everyone dies and the end!