Crystal Mazzuca

This weekend I started watching an adorable mini-series called "Lost in Austen." The premise is what really got me: a modern girl obsessed with Pride and Prejudice suddenly finds herself in the book.

Besides completely identifying with the love of P&P part, I couldn't help but laugh at the idea of somehow being transported into a book. I mean, isn't that why we read? To escape into a world that we wish could be real for us every time we dive into the pages? It's why we hate to put books down!

But as I thought about it, I couldn't help but reflect on the life that I would leave behind if I ever jumped into a book...

-A husband who drives me crazy by leaving his socks in the living room and refusing to put the cap on the toothpaste, yet makes me laugh more than anyone or anything and loves me more than words can express.

-Kids who make more messes, need more of my energy, and demand more of my time than I ever knew humanly possible, yet are the people in the world my heart beats for and I could spend all day totally content with their arms wrapped around me in a sticky, sweaty hug.

- A church filled with quirky, imperfect, slightly insane people who are so different from me yet feel like family because of our passion to know Jesus and make Him known.

- A mini van with only one broken mirror, crumbs on the floor, and an interior laced with wonderful memories of road trips and adventures.

- A house that isn't perfect yet perfect for me, friends that I love and wish I had more time to spend with, a fully stocked kitchen ready for conquering, books to read and talk about, outfit combinations yet to be discovered in my very own closet, trees to gaze at, flowers to smell, air to breathe.

You know, there really isn't a fictional book out there that could compare to my life - crazy, unpredictable, and imperfect as it is. And let's not forget the most important part...

"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be glory forever, Amen!" - Romans 11:36

Our lives, just as they are, are from Him.

Our lives, just as they are, are lived through Him.

And our lives, just as they are, are lived to His glory.

Amen!

When is the last time you stopped and thanked God for your life? Your family, your home, your job, your church, your friends, your community, your freedom? Do you see every day as a gift from God meant to be used for His glory and lived through His power? How does being thankful help grow your contentment and joy?

-Crystal
0 Responses