Kristen
I'm visiting my brother and sister-in-law down on the coast over winter break and it is raining sideways and swirlyways and any ways imaginable. Instead of hiding inside with tea and an infusion of chocolate my lovely sister and I brave the outside world and walk the dogs. It is a good thing the dogs know the way home because I couldn't see a thing through my squinted eyes as I blindly stagger after my wind born hat as it is blown off my head once again. But we did make it back although every single layer of clothing was soaked in such a way that one would imagine I had recently been submerged beneath the surf. It was miserable, uncomfortable, and absolutely hilarious. What an adventure I would have missed out on if I had stayed at home. I laughed and laughed with my lovely sister as we stuttered and shuddered with cold on our epic journey around the block.

I wonder how much of life is like that walk. We opt out of so many things that are hard and uncomfortable and ridiculous. Sometimes I think that God is looking down on us and seriously thinking about busting out the heavenly cattle prod, just to get us off the sofa and onto a path that actually goes somewhere. Ah Sovereign Lord, help me to hear your voice and come running to follow, wherever it is you wish me to go.

Mark 2:13-14--"Once again Jesus went out beside the lake. A large crowd came to him, and he began to teach them. As he walked along, he saw Levi son of Alphaeus sitting at the tax collector's booth. 'Follow me,' Jesus told him, and Levi got up and followed him."

0 Responses